Pineapple Open-face Chinese poker, OFC Pineapple, is a variant of Chinese poker where there are no community cards or betting rounds.
- A 52-card deck is used (2 to Ace, excluding Jokers). The card suits are equivalent.
- The maximum number of players at a table – 3.
- 17 pocket cards.
13 of 17 cards must be laid out into 3 boxes.
The remaining 4 cards must be discarded.
- No community cards.
- No betting rounds (no blinds, ante, etc.)
Every player at a table takes one seat with 3 boxes to lay 13 cards out into (5 cards into the middle and back (the lowest) boxes, 3 cards into the front box (the highest). At the end of a hand, the back box hand must be stronger than or equal to the middle box hand, and the middle box hand must be stronger than or equal to the front box hand.
- The game is played for points. The goal of the game is to achieve more points than your opponents by winning
more hands and/or by collecting royalties on premium hands.
Point score is the cost of one point (for example, 1 cent for 1 point). The calculation is made at the end of a match.
- Cap – the maximum limit of loss in one match. Thus, over a match, a player can lose the maximum amount of money equaling to that specified in Cap.